Officer injured after driver flees during traffic stopPosted: Updated:
Police are investigating an alleged assault on one of their own.
Authorities say an officer pulled over a vehicle around 11 p.m. Monday near the intersection of Rockaway Parkway and Linden Boulevard.
That's where News 12 is told the officer approached the vehicle, but the driver sped off, injuring the officer's arm.
Police say he was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
The driver is believed to have fled in a white van.
No arrests have been made.
- Police are searching for an armed robber in Coney Island.Police are searching for an armed robber in Coney Island.
- The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.
- Police are looking for the public's help identifying four men connected to attempted luring incidents in Borough Park.
- Police say they're searching for a man who slapped a Jewish man and made an anti-Semitic comment to him Saturday.
- Police have released the identities of the four men who were killed at a suspected illegal gambling spot in Crown Heights Saturday.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The Bronx is the place to be this week as Yankee Stadium plays host to games 3, 4 and 5 of the ALCS.The Bronx is the place to be this week as Yankee Stadium plays host to games 3, 4 and 5 of the ALCS.
- Here are the latest business headlines from Cheddar.Here are the latest business headlines from Cheddar.
- A representative for Felicity Huffman says the actress has reported to a federal prison in California to serve a two-week sentence in the college admissions scandal.
- Wet weather is expected to soak New York City Wednesday with a windy period of rain.Wet weather is expected to soak New York City Wednesday with a windy period of rain.
- The fall season is in full swing, but those vibrant leaf colors may not last as long this year, digital meteorologist Geoff Bansen tells us.