#N12BK: Daylight Saving TimePosted: Updated:
It's that time of year again.
The clocks will be set back an hour this Sunday at 2 a.m., ending Daylight Saving Time for most of the country.
Some appliances like ovens and microwaves may need manual adjustments.
It's also advised to check smoke detector batteries and restock emergency kits.
Daylight Saving Time was first created after World War I to save fuel.
Only two states, Arizona and Hawaii, don't observe it.
The clock doesn't go back to Daylight Saving Time until March 10, 2019.
Get ready for more darkness.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?