Adoptive Parents Committee hosts annual conference in BrooklynPosted: Updated:
The Adoptive Parents Committee held its annual conference at St. Francis College Sunday to promote a better awareness and understanding of adoption.
The conference also provided members with accurate information concerning adoption and parenting issues led by experts in the adoption field.
Organizers say the conference is meant for those considering adoption, as well as those who have already adopted in order to learn, share and promote the joys of adoption.
Zack Fried, the compliance director of Adoption Star, says he was adopted in Philadelphia when he was a baby and is now giving back to the process that gave him so much.
Patty Smith, a case manager for Friends in Adoption, says her team's goal is to consider the baby when it comes to adoption.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.
- Musicians from Brooklyn are getting ready for an upcoming showcase that celebrates all things Dolly Parton.
- This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.
- The National Wreaths Across America Day movement aims to cover all Veterans graves with a Christmas wreath.
- Recent hacks into security camera systems like Ring have sparked concern among homeowners nationwide.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.