Shoppers looking for unique gifts head to flea market in GreenpointPosted: Updated:
Thousands of people are expected to shop for unique holiday gifts at the Oddities Flea Market in Greenpoint this weekend.
The event, which is in its second year, is sponsored by Ripley's Believe it or Not! Times Square and is curated by Ryan Matthew Cohn.
Cohn was on the show “Oddities” and realized when the show ended there was still a market for odd products like taxidermy and gothic jewelry.
There will be 64 vendors, and people who attend can also take a haunted trolley tour.
Those who wish to attend can buy ticket at the door today or tomorrow.
The event runs until 6 p.m. both days.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Recent acts of vandalism in Bay Ride have been a cause for concern for the area's district leader, who is proposing adding more police officers in the area.
- House Democrats are poised to unveil two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump over his actions in the Ukraine matter, with an announcement expected early Tuesday.
- White Castle is recalling some of its frozen burgers.White Castle is recalling some of its frozen burgers.
- A New York celebrity is encouraging people to consider opening their home to a teenager in need.A New York celebrity is encouraging people to consider opening their home to a teenager in need.
- New York saw its first reduction in opioid overdose deaths in almost 10 years, according to the Heroin and Opioid Task Force Progress Report that looked at numbers from 2018.