First responders revive cat with CPRPosted: Updated:
Firefighters not only put out a raging inferno in Yonkers on Tuesday, but they also saved the life of someone’s pet.
A unconscious cat was pulled from one of the apartments in the burning Yonkers building.
Officials say EMS units quickly began performing CPR and other life-saving measures.
All of their hard work paid off when the cat was revived.
The animal was given oxygen and an IV, and they say it appears to be in good health.
Volunteers were able to locate the cat's owner and reunite them.
- Getting married at a castle is a popular fantasy for couples. On Thursday, one couple made that dream come true in the Bronx.
- Cranford police responded to a home Wednesday for reports of an intruder.Cranford police responded to a home Wednesday for reports of an intruder.
- A Bergen County man has finally returned an overdue library book that he first borrowed in the 1960s.
- The possible explosive that closed the Metropolitan Bridge and triggered a large police presence around the Newtown Creek turned out to be a homemade anchor, police say.
- Many people honor those who fight for our freedom, but some tend to forget the canine fighters who served on the front lines.