#N12BK: Access-A-CabPosted: Updated:
A ride-hailing pilot program has been extended.
The MTA announced it will extend its program that lets Access-A-Ride users order $2.75 cab rides through a smartphone app.
The program was set to end on April 30, but will now run through the end of the year.
According to the MTA, this program allows about 1,200 participating customers to hail yellow and green cabs on demand.
The MTA also seeks to expand the pilot to include specialized training for AAR taxi drivers with the ability to track the location of vehicles and the capacity to provide trips to those in wheelchairs.
Customers can book trips in the myAAR app a day in advance.
Would you like to see this service extended further?
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?