#N12BK: NYC HousingPosted: Updated:
According to a new study, NYC has more inadequate housing than any other city in the country.
New York is followed by Boston and Los Angeles.
The study was done by a contracting company called Porch.
Porch looked at census data on housing quality.
The study notes 1 in 20 Americans live without adequate housing.
It also states 11.9 percent of public housing and 5.1 percent of private households in the country were deemed inadequate.
Also, 7 percent of residencies in NYC had inadequate housing, which could mean mold, water leaks, vermin or lack of heat.
When it came to heat, NYC ranked the third-most “uncomfortable cold” city behind Detroit and Seattle.
What do you think of this study?
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?