L. Rickie Tulloch - People's Movement
L. Rickie Tulloch
Senior Director at NYC Health and Hospital (Office of Facilities Development)
1. What would be your top priority as a City Councilmember?
Keeping our community affordable.
2. What do you love about living in Brooklyn?
I love the people and the multiculturalism of Brooklyn.
3. What was your biggest challenge in school?
Learning French was my biggest challenge.
4. How do we improve the public transit system?
Our district is a transit desert – we need improved and more frequent bus service and better accessibility at our subway stations.
5. What needs to be done to improve conditions at NYCHA complexes?
We need greater accountability and transparency from NYCHA management so that repairs and complaints are addressed in a timely manner.
6. Do you cook? What's your signature dish?
Ackee and Saltfish – Jamaican national dish.
7. If you could have dinner with any celebrity dead or alive, who would it be & why?
8. What your favorite Brooklyn pizza shop? Favorite toppings?
I like the Sicilian pizza from Lenny’s on Church Avenue.
9. What inspired you to get involved in politics?
I came here from Jamaica when I was a teenager and one of the lessons that has stayed with me is, “Always look out for your brother and sister.” Throughout my life, I have worked to improve the lives of my neighbors and my community, and I want to serve as our next City Councilmember to continue making a difference.
10. What’s your favorite movie? TV show? App?
Favorite thing to watch on TV is the Nets. Favorite movie is Do the Right Thing. Favorite app is WhatsApp.
11. How do you like to spend a day off?
Go for a jog and catch up on chores.
12. Any hidden talents?
I was a really good Cricketer when I was younger. (good at playing Cricket, a bat-and-ball game that’s played all over the world)