Man slashed across face and legs in subway stationPosted: Updated:
A man says he was slashed across his face and legs at a subway station in Gowanus.
The incident happened around 2 a.m. Thursday morning on the northbound G platform at the Smith-Ninth streets subway station.
Police say when they got on the scene they found the 25-year-old victim with slash wounds to his face and legs.
He was rushed to Methodist Hospital where he is expected to survive.
Police say that friend may have been his girlfriend. They say she was waiting for him and that she went looking for him when he didn’t show.
She found him on the bench with slash wounds.
Police have not released any description of the suspect but are looking for at least one person.
The subway station closed for some time this morning as police worked to gather evidence.
Commuter Jennifer Gulizio said, “I really hope they catch the person. It’s really heartbreaking because they got slashed in their face and that’s like, that’s going to stay with them forever no matter what, you know, and that’s, that’s hurtful.”
- Police say a suspect is wanted for stealing packages that had more than $2,000 of clothing in them in Bushwick on Sept. 10.
- Police say they're searching for a woman wanted in connection to a car break-in in Midwood on Sept. 19.
- An arrest has been made in connection to a deadly stabbing that happened in September.An arrest has been made in connection to a deadly stabbing that happened in September.
- Closing arguments were delivered Thursday in the trial of a man suspected of killing his ex-girlfriend in 2016.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed support for who she thinks should be the next president of the United States as she attended a Bernie Sanders rally in Queens Saturday.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Un nuevo concurso de fotos busca poner presión al MTA para que limpie los vagones del metro mas seguido.
- The final trailer for the "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" debuted Monday, offering a fleeting glimpse of the late Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia embracing Daisy Ridley's Rey.
- For the first time in history, New Yorkers will be able to participate in early voting.For the first time in history, New Yorkers will be able to participate in early voting.
- French automaker Renault is doubling down on hydrogen fuel cell technology.French automaker Renault is doubling down on hydrogen fuel cell technology.