Drag Queen Story Hour prompts protesters at Crown Heights libraryPosted: Updated:
Protesters were at the Crown Heights branch of the Brooklyn Public Library Thursday morning to speak out against what was meant to be a celebration of diversity.
The Drag Queen Story Hour is a program that has drag queen performers read to children.
Some parents say that the library is promoting drag queens as role models and planting the seed for kids to aspire to that lifestyle.
“Nobody tells the kids that is a man dressed as a woman,” said one parents. “They are bringing these kids in with deception.”
Monica, who read “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus,” said “there is not much you can say to someone who is not willing to listen.”
The chief librarian at the Crown Heights branch says the event has received plenty of support in the community.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.
- Musicians from Brooklyn are getting ready for an upcoming showcase that celebrates all things Dolly Parton.
- This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.
- The National Wreaths Across America Day movement aims to cover all Veterans graves with a Christmas wreath.
- Recent hacks into security camera systems like Ring have sparked concern among homeowners nationwide.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.