Rip Current STATEMENT in effect for:
Optimus Ride to launch self-driving vehicles at Brooklyn Navy YardPosted: Updated:
Welcome to the future! Beginning Wednesday, autonomous cars will take passengers between the NYC Ferry stop at Brooklyn Navy Yard and the yard's entrance.
Optimus Ride is set to launch six self-driving cars that can seat four people. They will transport ferry customers from their stop and the Brooklyn Navy Yard's entrance at Cumberland Gate on Flushing Avenue.
Optimus Ride CEO Dr. Ryan Chin says right now, there will be a test driver who watches and observes the vehicles for safety. He says the software operators will have a laptop to see what the vehicle sees.
The self-driving vehicles will run on a continuous loop between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a woman sitting behind a woman wearing a hijab on a bus in Bensonhurst is accused of making anti-Muslim statements to her Friday.
- Dangerous algae blooms have been found in the water in Central Park and Prospect Park.Dangerous algae blooms have been found in the water in Central Park and Prospect Park.
- Gunfire lead to a crash that injured two pedestrians in Midwood early Sunday morning.Gunfire lead to a crash that injured two pedestrians in Midwood early Sunday morning.
- Police say they're searching for a man who punched a woman in the face at the Broadway Junction and East New York A and C trains subway station on Aug. 10.
- New York and New Jersey submitted a new plan for a rail tunnel project under the Hudson River that cuts nearly $1.5 billion off the previous cost estimate.
- Photos from the 44th Hampton Classic in Bridgehampton.Photos from the 44th Hampton Classic in Bridgehampton.
- First serve! Check out some of the food options at the 2019 US Open at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary