Residents express concern over streetlight that has been out for over 3 monthsPosted: Updated:
Residents in Flatbush are expressing their concerns after a street light has been out on East 29th Street off of Foster Avenue for more than three months.
They fear the darkness is an invitation for all sorts of mischief. To avoid that potential danger, some treat sunset as a curfew.
Pauline Baker has been demanding action since the light went out in late April, even contacting elected officials.
"It's too long. Nothing is being done. I'm upset about it, I'm very upset," said Baker.
Baker got the attention of Councilmember Farah Louis. Louis vowed to hold the city Department of Transportation accountable.
The NYC Department of Transportation tells News 12 in a statement, "DOT is aware of community concerns and is actively working to address them. Work for this location is expected to be completed in the coming weeks."
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say two officers were injured in a car crash in Flatlands Saturday night.Police say two officers were injured in a car crash in Flatlands Saturday night.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- One Brooklyn man is asking the city to prevent crashes before they happen.One Brooklyn man is asking the city to prevent crashes before they happen.
- Thousands of survivors, care givers, volunteers and supporters laced up their sneakers for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K Walk Sunday.
- Police say they're searching for a woman wanted in connection to a car break-in in Midwood on Sept. 19.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed support for who she thinks should be the next president of the United States as she attended a Bernie Sanders rally in Queens Saturday.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.