Rip Current STATEMENT in effect for:
Residents pay out of pocket to fix flooding issue at Canarsie ParkPosted: Updated:
Residents have been paying out of pocket to try and fix a flooding issue at Canarsie Park.
Since May, residents told News 12 the basketball court constantly floods with water.
A resident was told by a Parks Department staff member that the issue stems from a clay pipe that was installed in the 1950s and was never replaced.
The Parks Department says it plans on sending a team to inspect on Saturday. A spokesperson saying," Ensuring our park-goers can use our amenities safely is a priority for us. Due to heavy rains lately, we are processing multiple plumbing requests, but we are aware of this issue."
Residents told News 12 that they will continue to make the park a place that they can all enjoy.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Fire crews were battling flames at a building on Kent Avenue in Williamsburg Saturday afternoon.Fire crews were battling flames at a building on Kent Avenue in Williamsburg Saturday afternoon.
- Attendees arrived in droves, celebrating women, innovators and news makers who are breaking barriers.
- Melquain Anderson was fatally shot while waiting for a bus outside of the Farragut Houses in October of 2017.
- The Brothers on the Block Coalition organized the event as an afternoon fit for the whole family.The Brothers on the Block Coalition organized the event as an afternoon fit for the whole family.
- A Brownsville basketball court was renamed to honor the memory of a teen who was fatally shot while playing ball there one year ago.
- While costumed space aliens were a common and sometimes hilarious sight in events that began Thursday, no one has reported seeing actual extraterrestrials or UFOs.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.