BK family sues MTA over loved one's train death
A Brooklyn family is demanding answers and money from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) after a relative was killed by a subway train last year.
The family says 24-year-old Briant Rowe was killed by a 5 train at the New Kirk Avenue station when he climbed into the tunnel on Nov. 19, 2011.
Rowe?s relatives say his death was avoidable because the token booth clerk saw him enter the tunnel. His body was found an hour and a half after crews started searching for him.
The family is suing for $50 million, but says it really wants the MTA to change its protocols for searching for people who are seen entering the tunnels.