2 bodies found in rubble of East Village explosion

Two bodies were recovered Sunday in the rubble of Thursday's East Village explosion. 



Investigators believe that two missing men -- 26-year-old Moises Lucon and 23-year-old Nicholas Figueroa -- are the ones found in the wreckage. 



Fire officials say that a total of 22 people were injured in the blast and fire, which leveled three apartment buildings. 



With no other victims believed to be missing, the focus has shifted to a cause. Mayor Bill de Blasio says someone may have improperly tapped a gas line beforehand. 



Con Edison said workers discovered back in August that a line had been illegally handled. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."