2 teens rescued from Bensonhurst fire

Firefighters rescued two teenagers trapped by flames inside a Bensonhurst home Tuesday afternoon.

Fire officials say the blaze started in the kitchen of 73 Bay 26th St., trapping the teens in an upstairs room. Neighbors who noticed the flames and smoke called 911.

More than 50 firefighters responded to the incident and rescued the boys. They were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Three firefighters were also treated for minor injuries at the scene.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."