Spring Creek Towers tenants rally for ACPosted: Updated:
Tenants at the Spring Creek Towers in Starrett City rallied Wednesday to demand air conditioning from their apartment complex's management.
News 12 is told it has been weeks since the tenants have had AC.
"Tossing and turning all night," said Pamela Drayton. "It's very uncomfortable." She describes waking up in the morning covered in sweat.
Other tenants tell News 12 the complex's management company did provide free fans, but they weren't enough to cool their apartments.
"They told us we could purchase portable air conditioners," said one resident. "But we got to pay the rent. How are we going to afford to pay the rent and buy that?"
The Starrett City Management office says that while the pipes that caused the problem have been replaced, clogs in the pipe risers are preventing cool air from traveling to some of the apartments.
The management company is encouraging any residents with temperature concerns to contact the maintenance department so they can address the issue directly.
The management company also tells News 12 that since they are in the process of modernizing the complex's infrastructure, the disruptions, though difficult, are necessary.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Investigan el asesinato de una madre hispana en su apartamento en el Bronx. Con manifestaciones en celebración del día indígena rechazan la festivida de Columbus Day. El president de Ecuador y líderes indígenas proponen acuerdo ante la crísis.
- Food Allergy Research & Education's Teal Pumpkin Project is raising food allergies awareness. You can be inclusive for all trick or treaters with the addition of trinkets and toys to your treats.
- This Halloween stay safe while trick-or-treating, and make sure the treats are safe for your children with some simple tips.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.