Donations pour in for earthquake, hurricane victimsPosted: Updated:
Brooklyn residents of all stripes are stepping up to support victims of both an earthquake in Mexico and Caribbean victims of Hurricane Maria.
At the United Senior Center in Sunset Park, senior citizens have been donating bottled water, canned food and health and hygiene products.
The hurricane knocked out power across the entire island of Puerto Rico. In Mexico, the death toll from a 7.1-magnitude quake continues to climb.
Small contributions, seniors at the center say, can make a huge difference for victims.
Assemblyman Felix Ortiz is also helping collect and distribute the donated items.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Whole Foods is banning plastic straws.Whole Foods is banning plastic straws.
- Texting while crossing the street could soon become illegal in New York state.Texting while crossing the street could soon become illegal in New York state.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.