Brooklyn man charged in mother’s murder claims he was framedPosted: Updated:
A Brooklyn man charged in his mother’s murder is maintaining his innocence, telling News 12 cameras that he was framed.
Jayvon Mulzac, 28, walked out of the 69th Precinct today in handcuffs, accused of strangling his 70-year-old mother in July.
According to police, retired nurse Noreen Mulzac was found dead in her Canarsie home, her legs and arms bound.
Investigators wanted to talk to Mulzac since his mother’s body was found, at first labeling him a person of interest, but eventually identifying him as a suspect.
Mulzac was arrested in Massachusetts in August on an assault charge. Police there notified NYPD detectives, and brought him back to New York where he was charged with second-degree murder.
According to police, it’s not the first time he attacked his mother. In 2006, police say he violently robbed her at gunpoint.
- Police have released new images of a man wanted in connection to a shooting in Brownsville on Dec. 27.
- Police are on the hunt for the person responsible for a string of robberies in the borough.Police are on the hunt for the person responsible for a string of robberies in the borough.
- A woman has died after being struck by a vehicle in Bensonhurst Thursday morning, police say.A woman has died after being struck by a vehicle in Bensonhurst Thursday morning, police say.
- Shots broke out outside a Bushwick elementary school Wednesday morning.Shots broke out outside a Bushwick elementary school Wednesday morning.
- A man is wanted for breaking into a home in Park Slope last Friday.A man is wanted for breaking into a home in Park Slope last Friday.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Rain has moved in behind Saturday’s snowfall that dropped several inches during the afternoon.Rain has moved in behind Saturday’s snowfall that dropped several inches during the afternoon.
- President Donald Trump's legal team issued a fiery response ahead of opening arguments in his impeachment trial Saturday while House Democrats laid out their case in forceful fashion.
- Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, will no longer use the titles "royal highness" or receive public funds under a deal struck Saturday for them to step aside as senior royals.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- Over a dozen people who lived inside a home that offers mental health services were sent to the hospital Friday night.