Kosher food pantry serves holiday meals to needy residentsPosted: Updated:
A kosher food pantry provided warm holiday meals to needy residents in the borough.
The executive director of the Masbia Kitchen in Midwood says its dining room is set up like a restaurant so people can eat with dignity feeling like customers, not charity.
Masbia says it is one of the only kosher soup kitchens in the city, with two locations on Brooklyn and one in Queens.
The executive director says they work five days a week year round serving up warm, healthy, balanced and kosher meals for everyone, not just the Jewish community.
It says it is not a religious organization, but a hunger relief organization, and that it is expecting many people looking for a warm Christmas meal to step in and be welcomed by their volunteers and staff.
Masbia staff say regardless of where you are from or what you believe, you are welcome.
It says that the three locations serve around 2,000 meals a week. It also provides food packages for people in need to take home. Each package has enough for three meals for each member of the family for three days.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!