Firefighters extinguish 2-alarm apartment building fire

Posted: Updated:
PROSPECT-LEFFERTS GARDENS -

Over 100 firefighters were called to action Sunday after a fire broke out in an apartment building just before 10 a.m.

News 12 Brooklyn is told the two-alarm fire led several families in the Prospect-Lefferts Gardens apartment building at 190 Lenox Road to flee into the frigid cold.

Fire officials say the blaze was sparked by a pig roast, which caught fire in the basement and spread two floors up.

They say no one was hurt.

News 12 is told the flames were extinguished within half an hour.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."