Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Residents brace for snowstorm amid freezing tempsPosted: Updated:
Residents are bracing for significant snowstorm Thursday as freezing temperatures continue to blanket the region and a snowstorm approaches.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for the city for most of Thursday. For many New Yorkers, that means wearing three or more layers of extra clothes.
News 12 meteorologists say that heavy blowing snow is possible with accumulations ranging from 3 to 5 inches around the city. Southeastern Brooklyn could see even more.
Snow is expected to fall throughout the day Thursday.
MORE: Full forecast details from News 12 Brooklyn
SCHOOL CLOSINGS: List of closings
EXTENDED OUTLOOK: In depth Nor'easter details from Meteorologist Mike Rizzo
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed last Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed last Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- 'Mama June' makes emotional Instagram video for daughters
- It's National Peanut Butter Day!It's National Peanut Butter Day!
- House Democrats prosecuting President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are preparing for a second day of arguments.House Democrats prosecuting President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are preparing for a second day of arguments.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.