Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
MTA rolls out fleet of electric busesPosted: Updated:
The MTA has rolled out a fleet of electric buses.
The 10 electric buses are part of a three-year pilot program to help reduce emissions and modernize the MTA's bus fleet.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo says the buses produce zero emissions, are less noisy than traditional buses, and feature amenities like free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
The buses will operate on the M42 and M50 routes in Manhattan and on the B32 route in Queens and Brooklyn.
Stops in Brooklyn include streets in Greenpoint and Williamsburg.
An additional 60 buses will be introduced based upon the success of the pilot program, the MTA says.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed last Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed last Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- NYC Restaurant Week is a foodie's dream come true. Hundreds of restaurants throughout the city roll out special prix-fixe tasting menus at a very affordable price.NYC Restaurant Week is a foodie's dream come true. Hundreds of restaurants throughout the city roll out special prix-fixe tasting menus at a very affordable price.
- There are thousands of kids in New York City looking for permanent homes.
- 'Mama June' makes emotional Instagram video for daughters
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!