East New York animal shelter to undergo $27.3M renovationPosted: Updated:
The de Blasio administration announced Tuesday that the Animal Care Centers of NYC shelter on Linden Boulevard will soon receive a complete makeover.
The mayor's office says the $27.3 million investment, along with a new shelter in the Bronx that is expected to be open by 2024, build upon Mayor Bill de Blasio's commitment to having a fully operational animal shelter in each borough.
The shelter will double in size and feature a full vet medical unit and a large adoptions platform to help those looking to make additions to their families.
The shelter is expected to be completed by 2022.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!