Brooklyn residents celebrate Bring Your Kids to Work DayPosted: Updated:
Businesses throughout the borough welcomed new employees Thursday for "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day."
Dozens of employees' children ranging from 6 to 16-years-old spent the day at NYC Health and Hospitals Kings County. Officials told News 12 that the children spoke with nurses and doctors about their careers. They also toured different areas of the hospital and rode in an ambulance.
"Being at work with my parents and all my friends…feels like I'm a grown-up,” said third-grader Calla McGarvey.
The FDNY and NYPD also participated in the fun. Children learned about a typical day for firefighters and policemen.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Following several deadly accidents along Brooklyn's busiest corridors, 3rd and Hamilton avenues are seeing some changes to their speed limits.
- The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.
- New York Yankees great Derek Jeter headlines this year's Baseball Hall of Fame class, slated for induction July 26.
- Relief efforts are continuing in Puerto Rico after the island experienced several earthquakes in recent weeks.
- Tesla says that claims that its cars could suddenly accelerate on their own are 'completely false' and peddled by short sellers.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!