Detective dragged by car during traffic stop released from rehabPosted: Updated:
The NYPD officer who suffered a brain injury during a traffic stop in East Flatbush last year is returning home.
The Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in New Jersey released Detective Dalsh Veve Monday afternoon.
As News 12 has reported, Veve was questioning three people inside a stolen car when the teenage driver took off, dragging him more than two blocks.
Veve, who lives on Long Island, spent weeks in a medically induced coma.
He managed to shoot the driver in the face during the altercation.
The alleged driver, 15-year-old Justin Murrell, has been charged with attempted murder.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.