South Brooklyn Marine Terminal to reopen later this yearPosted: Updated:
The South Brooklyn Marine Terminal will soon become a major shipping hub once again.
The formerly busy port was closed for decades due to changes in the economy.
But Mayor Bill de Blasio has pushed a plan to restore it within the next few years.
Cargo ships begin arriving by the end of this year, according to terminal operator Michael Stamatis.
Experts say the plan will reduce car and truck traffic and create hundreds of jobs.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Community activists rallied in Crown Heights Thursday against a planned major development that would create a mixed-use high-rise.
- Police say a man was shot in the stomach Thursday night in East New York.Police say a man was shot in the stomach Thursday night in East New York.
- The Brooklyn Daily Eagle reports that the MTA may consider closing the Clark Street station for a year to repair its three elevators.
- Students at P.S. 11 learned about the historic neighborhood of Weeksville.Students at P.S. 11 learned about the historic neighborhood of Weeksville.
- BKLYN Blend in Bedford-Stuyvesant is not your average juice bar.BKLYN Blend in Bedford-Stuyvesant is not your average juice bar.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.