#N12BK: Women's athletic footwear sales soarPosted: Updated:
Women's athletic footwear sales are growing fast, according to the NPD Group.
The data collection agency says women's athletic footwear sales were up 5 percent in 2017 compared to 2016.
The retail tracking service says sport leisure is now the largest category in athletic footwear and captured $9.6 billion in sales in 2017 and grew 17 percent.
The fastest-growing segments of the market were running inspired and casual athletic footwear.
Nike/Brand Jordan, Adidas, Skechers, Under Armour, and New Balance were the top-selling brands based on dollar sales in 2017.
Adidas was the fastest-growing player in the market overall, growing its sales by over 50 percent.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?