Kensington Post Office reopens after fire

Posted: Updated:
KENSINGTON -

The Kensington Post Office is back open today following a weekend fire. 

The post office, located on McDonald Avenue, was temporarily closed but they were able to open back up around 9 a.m.

Workers say no mail was damaged.

Viewer video shows smoke pouring out of building around 4:30 a.m. Sunday. 

It took about 60 firefighters to get the fire inside the two-story building under control. 

While some of the windows remain boarded up, the post office was taking customers and providing services as normal. 

Workers at the post office say it appears it may have been caused by an electrical issue. 

There were a few workers inside at the time, but they were able to make it out safely.

Two firefighters were taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."