Brooklyn residents look to keep cool as temps soarPosted: Updated:
Brooklyn residents tried their best to keep cool outdoors Monday as high temperatures soared into the 90s.
Blossom in Cobble Hill, which specializes in Thai hand-rolled ice cream, saw plenty of people go through its doors looking for a cold treat.
Earlier in the day, News 12 caught up with people at Coney Island's beach and boardwalk.
Tuesday is expected to see highs in the upper-80s and less humidity.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- It's National Lucky Penny Day. In 1793, the first pennies in the United States were made of copper. Do you carry a lucky penny with you?
- A man is in custody after police say he exposed himself to two young boys in Bay Ridge.A man is in custody after police say he exposed himself to two young boys in Bay Ridge.
- Community members marked the start of the Jewish holiday Lag B'Omer with festivities in Borough Park.
- Councilman Justin Brannan is calling on National Grid and Con Edison to clean up materials left behind from a construction project, tweeting out pictures of the materials left on the street in Bay Ridge.
- Police are increasing patrols around the newly renovated Stroud playground in response to reported gunfire incidents.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.