Artist creates inspiring mural at dance studio in WilliamsburgPosted: Updated:
A dance studio in Williamsburg got a new makeover from a Colombian-born artist.
Meli Tabares-Ramirez completed a 54-foot long mural on the side of the Nieves Latin Dance Studio.
With turquoise and black colors, the painting depicts men and women in classic dance poses. It also has wings that people can take pictures in front of, which is meant to symbolize freedom.
Tabares-Ramirez is a DACA recipient who continues to struggle with immigration-related issues. She says both art and dance have played a big role in her life and have helped her with her struggles.
The artist says she spent 40 hours to complete the mural, which is something dance instructors say they are very thankful for.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An arrest has been made in connection to a deadly stabbing that happened in September.An arrest has been made in connection to a deadly stabbing that happened in September.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- There are thousands of kids in New York City looking for permanent homes.
- Lady Gaga falls off stage during Las Vegas show after fan picks her up
- George Springer and Carlos Correa each hit three-run homers and the Houston Astros got another wild ace off the hook to beat the sloppy New York Yankees 8-3 Thursday night and reach the cusp of a second World Series visit in three years.George Springer and Carlos Correa each hit three-run homers and the Houston Astros got another wild ace off the hook to beat the sloppy New York Yankees 8-3 Thursday night and reach the cusp of a second World Series visit in three years.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!