Authorities: Extension cord linked to deadly Hale Avenue fire

Posted: Updated:
CYPRESS HILLS -

Authorities says a deadly Hale Avenue fire Sunday was started accidentally due to electrical wiring linked to an extension cord.

They also say no smoke alarms were present at the two-story house that caught on fire.

According to officials, the fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. and started on the second story.

A 24-year-old man was found unresponsive and was rushed to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead, reports say.

An unidentified woman was also found at the scene where she is in critical condition at Brookdale Hospital.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."