Officials: 21-year-old hurt in Crown Heights shootingPosted: Updated:
A 21-year-old man was injured in an overnight shooting in Crown Heights, according to police.
The incident happened at 1414 Bergen St. just before 3 a.m. Sunday.
Officials say a dispute led to a 24-year-old man shooting the victim once in the chest.
That suspect is now in police custody and they say he is well-known to authorities.
The victim was rushed to Kings County Hospital where he is now in stable condition.
Police say the suspect has yet to be charged and their investigation is still ongoing.
- Police are searching for an armed robber in Coney Island.Police are searching for an armed robber in Coney Island.
- The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.The ongoing investigation continues into a deadly shooting in Crown Heights.
- Police are looking for the public's help identifying four men connected to attempted luring incidents in Borough Park.
- Police say they're searching for a man who slapped a Jewish man and made an anti-Semitic comment to him Saturday.
- Police have released the identities of the four men who were killed at a suspected illegal gambling spot in Crown Heights Saturday.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The East Flatbush Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library has opened a satellite location at the Brookdale Hospital.
- The first ground-up commercial development in more than a decade in now open in Brooklyn.The first ground-up commercial development in more than a decade in now open in Brooklyn.
- The Bronx is the place to be this week as Yankee Stadium plays host to games 3, 4 and 5 of the ALCS.The Bronx is the place to be this week as Yankee Stadium plays host to games 3, 4 and 5 of the ALCS.
- Here are the latest business headlines from Cheddar.Here are the latest business headlines from Cheddar.