Rabbinic Conference remembers lives lost in Pittsburgh synagogue attackPosted: Updated:
Thousands of rabbis gathered at the Lubavitch Headquarters in Crown Heights in hopes to help strengthen Jewish awareness.
The Rabbinic Conference is held every year, but this year the rabbis say they're remembering the 11 people killed during Shabbat services last week in Pittsburgh.
The rabbis participated in workshops and seminars in an effort to combat anti-Semitism. They were taught new ways to increase security measures at their synagogues after a gunman opened fire at the Tree of Life Congregation in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill community.
The shooting left 11 people dead and another six wounded.
The Lubavitch Headquarters is also where the Rebbe Menachem M. Schneerson once taught his followers to positively change the world for the better.
The leaders also learned new counseling techniques to help those suffering in the aftermath of the attack.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.
- This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.