Rabbinic Conference remembers lives lost in Pittsburgh synagogue attackPosted: Updated:
Thousands of rabbis gathered at the Lubavitch Headquarters in Crown Heights in hopes to help strengthen Jewish awareness.
The Rabbinic Conference is held every year, but this year the rabbis say they're remembering the 11 people killed during Shabbat services last week in Pittsburgh.
The rabbis participated in workshops and seminars in an effort to combat anti-Semitism. They were taught new ways to increase security measures at their synagogues after a gunman opened fire at the Tree of Life Congregation in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill community.
The shooting left 11 people dead and another six wounded.
The Lubavitch Headquarters is also where the Rebbe Menachem M. Schneerson once taught his followers to positively change the world for the better.
The leaders also learned new counseling techniques to help those suffering in the aftermath of the attack.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A man is in custody after police say he exposed himself to two young boys in Bay Ridge.A man is in custody after police say he exposed himself to two young boys in Bay Ridge.
- Community members marked the start of the Jewish holiday Lag B'Omer with festivities in Borough Park.
- Councilman Justin Brannan is calling on National Grid and Con Edison to clean up materials left behind from a construction project, tweeting out pictures of the materials left on the street in Bay Ridge.
- Police are increasing patrols around the newly renovated Stroud playground in response to reported gunfire incidents.
- This year, the program will include 70 additional officers on the streets -- bringing the total number of officers to 270.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.