Construction worker dies from 13-story fall in Brooklyn HeightsPosted: Updated:
A construction worker died after falling from a roof in Brooklyn Heights Wednesday.
Police say Erik Mendoza, 23 from Queens, was working for a restoration company when he fell from the 13-story building at 1 Pierrepont St.
According to the Department of Buildings, Mendoza and another worker were replacing bricks underneath a building's water tower.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police have released new video this morning of a shooting in Brownsville.Police have released new video this morning of a shooting in Brownsville.
- Camp Rockaway at Jacob Riis Beach offers a camping experience that manages to be both family-friendly and hip, rustic yet chic and all with a bit of sustainability as a cherry on top.
- The MTV's 36th annual Video Music Awards will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey featuring some of music’s top performers.
- La MTA planea hacer recortes de personal y subir lo pasajes.La MTA planea hacer recortes de personal y subir lo pasajes.
- Stars of the hit show "Power" walked the red carpet Tuesday to celebrate the season six premiere of the show.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.