#N12BK: EpiPen lawPosted: Updated:
Allergic reactions can be deadly.
New York state wants to make sure children who suffer severe allergies are safer at school.
A legislative proposal would require new teachers to complete training on how to use an EpiPen if a student suffers a severe allergic reaction.
It would implement free, quick training sessions to ensure teachers know how to administer the potential life-saving injector.
EpiPens decrease the body's allergic reaction by relaxing muscles to make breathing easier and helping to reverse dangerous drops in blood pressure.
This is one of three allergy-related proposals this year.
A second bill would require restaurants to post more information about items with potential allergens.
A third would require restaurant staff to be trained on ways to prevent allergens from transferring into the wrong dish.
What do you think of these proposals?
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?