Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
Officials seek cause of Crown Heights building firePosted: Updated:
Fire officials say they are looking into what caused a fire to break out Saturday morning inside a building in Crown Heights.
Officials say they were called to the four-story building at 667 Classon Ave. just before 7 a.m. Saturday. They say the fire was placed under control around 7:15 a.m. but smoke could still be seen erupting from the second floor of the building as firefighters put out the blaze.
No one was reported injured.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A back-to-school drive was held Sunday in honor of a man who was fatally shot in Flatbush two years ago.
- Get Women Cycling is partnering with some businesses in Sunset Park to raise awareness about deadly bicycle accidents in Brooklyn.
- Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.
- Members of the NYPD took on players of Ballin 4 Peace for the fifth annual Celebrity Charity Flag Football Game at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.