Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
Teen pleads not guilty in Midwood fatal stabbingPosted: Updated:
The teen charged with murder in the death of 17-year-old Rohan Burke pleaded not guilty before a judge Friday.
Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom as David Lopez faced charges of murder and criminal possession of a weapon in the April 29 stabbing. Investigators say it unfolded in Midwood near the intersection of East 17th Street and Avenue M.
Police also arrested Lopez's mother Barbara Golloza who investigators say was caught on video taking the weapon from Lopez and getting rid of it. She is out on bail.
Lopez is being held without bail. His next court appearance is set Aug. 20.
- Police say they're searching for the suspect responsible for a 40-year-old man's fatal shooting in Bushwick Saturday night.
- Police say shots were fired at plainclothes officers who were responding to a dispute in Bed-Stuy early Sunday morning.
- Authorities say one person was hospitalized and another was taken into custody after an early morning stabbing.
- Police say a man from Queens was shot and killed in Brownsville.Police say a man from Queens was shot and killed in Brownsville.
- Michael Fasulo, 30, is being charged with two counts of assault and criminal possession of a weapon in a stabbing inside the Boost Mobile on Church Avenue.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A back-to-school drive was held Sunday in honor of a man who was fatally shot in Flatbush two years ago.
- Get Women Cycling is partnering with some businesses in Sunset Park to raise awareness about deadly bicycle accidents in Brooklyn.
- Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.
- Members of the NYPD took on players of Ballin 4 Peace for the fifth annual Celebrity Charity Flag Football Game at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.