Rip Current STATEMENT in effect for:
Police: 9-year-old Borough Park girl dies after being found unresponsivePosted: Updated:
A 9-year-old girl was found dead inside a Borough Park home Friday, police say.
Officials say they responded to call at around 10:30 a.m. at 11-19 64th St. When they arrived, they found Lufo Besa unconscious and unresponsive on her bed.
EMS crews brought the Besa to Maimonides Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say there were no signs of trauma on her body and the investigation is ongoing.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a woman sitting behind a woman wearing a hijab on a bus in Bensonhurst is accused of making anti-Muslim statements to her Friday.
- Police say they're searching for a man who punched a woman in the face at the Broadway Junction and East New York A and C trains subway station on Aug. 10.
- Staying angry with a loved one can be harmful - that's why today is a day to reconcile. Are you making up with someone on National Kiss and Make Up Day?
- Freddys Bar, known for being out of the ordinary, held their annual Freddy's Doggy Fashion Show Saturday.Freddys Bar, known for being out of the ordinary, held their annual Freddy's Doggy Fashion Show Saturday.
- One man's trash is another man's race car. At the end of every August, part of 17th Street is shut down for a block party and a race down the hill for the annual South Slope Derby.One man's trash is another man's race car. At the end of every August, part of 17th Street is shut down for a block party and a race down the hill for the annual South Slope Derby.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.