7th annual Afro-Latino Festival finds a home in BrooklynPosted: Updated:
The seventh annual Afro-Latino Festival kicked off Friday at City Point.
The festival spans two full days on two different stages.
Day 1 celebrated music, fashion and art with an evening award ceremony. Day 2 will be held outdoors at Albee Square and will feature live music and dancing.
The event highlights the impact Afro-Latinos have had in the U.S. and Brooklyn. It has continued to grow with more events and attendees every year.
The festival's founder says there is something to be taken away from the celebration, no matter what heritage you are. For some, it's to recognize the Afro-Latino footprint, for others, it is to come away with an understanding of their history.
After having some of their events bounce around other boroughs in previous years, this year they found a home for everything in Downtown Brooklyn.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.Police say a group of teens is wanted for robbing another teenager in Sheepshead Bay on Dec. 5.
- This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.This week's workout comes from Jon at Synergy. He goes over a circuit to work your lower body.
- The National Wreaths Across America Day movement aims to cover all Veterans graves with a Christmas wreath.
- Recent hacks into security camera systems like Ring have sparked concern among homeowners nationwide.
- Prospect Park was taken over with 5,000 festive runners Saturday for a 5K that raises money to make sure students stay active and healthy.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.