Rip Current STATEMENT in effect for:
Williamsburg Kickstarter Nuudii System helps women feel comfortable in their own skinPosted: Updated:
A company in Brooklyn is making a product that's changing the way women feel in their own skin.
When Annette Azan couldn't find a bra to wear with her wedding dress eight years ago she decided to just make one on her own.
"It didn't look like I had a bra, and it looks like I just had beautiful natural breasts and at that moment I thought ‘I cannot believe nobody has come up with this,’" says Azan.
Azan joined forces with Rebecca Zuber-Sherr and Michaela Zuber and founded Nuudii System
"It's something completely different than anything you've put on your body. It's super light, super flexible 360-degree stretch,” says Azan.
The makers say what is really cool about the Nuudii System is how small it is. They say it fits into a little pouch and can be scrunched up and taken anywhere.
"We are busier than ever as women and we need something that works for us that can take us from one thing to another thing to another thing. You can sleep in it, you can get up to yoga or Pilates, then you can go to work, [or] to a fancy dinner,” says Zuber.
The Nuudii System creators say they are proud to make a product for women, by women and about women.
"In my journeys through retail it has always been my MO to get women to really love and accept themselves as they are,” says Azan. “What Nuudii is is Nuudii really doesn't shape your breast, it's the only thing on the market, it is not a bra, it does not shape your breasts, so it actually asks people to love their breast as they are."
The women started a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter, but quickly surpassed their $10,000 goal and have now raised nearly $800,000.
More than 11,000 women will be receiving the first round of Nuudiis in the coming months.
The women say more styles and sizes are already in the works.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a woman sitting behind a woman wearing a hijab on a bus in Bensonhurst is accused of making anti-Muslim statements to her Friday.
- The summertime staple that brings more than 50,000 to the East End is kicking off in Bridgehampton Sunday.The summertime staple that brings more than 50,000 to the East End is kicking off in Bridgehampton Sunday.
- Police say they're searching for a man who punched a woman in the face at the Broadway Junction and East New York A and C trains subway station on Aug. 10.
- Staying angry with a loved one can be harmful - that's why today is a day to reconcile. Are you making up with someone on National Kiss and Make Up Day?
- Freddys Bar, known for being out of the ordinary, held their annual Freddy's Doggy Fashion Show Saturday.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.