Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
Canarsie volunteers wash police cars in response to officer water attacksPosted: Updated:
A group of Canarsie volunteers spent Saturday washing police cars as a thank you to NYPD officers.
The volunteers wanted to show respect after multiple officers in the city were doused by buckets of water earlier this week.
One volunteer says he hopes activities like this will help to strengthen the relationship between the community and the officers.
Commanding Officer Terrell Anderson of the 69th Precinct says he doesn't believe the water attacks reflect the community as a whole.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A back-to-school drive was held Sunday in honor of a man who was fatally shot in Flatbush two years ago.
- Get Women Cycling is partnering with some businesses in Sunset Park to raise awareness about deadly bicycle accidents in Brooklyn.
- Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.Small businesses are holding a celebration for families today in East Flatbush.
- Members of the NYPD took on players of Ballin 4 Peace for the fifth annual Celebrity Charity Flag Football Game at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.