Canarsie volunteers wash police cars in response to officer water attacksPosted: Updated:
A group of Canarsie volunteers spent Saturday washing police cars as a thank you to NYPD officers.
The volunteers wanted to show respect after multiple officers in the city were doused by buckets of water earlier this week.
One volunteer says he hopes activities like this will help to strengthen the relationship between the community and the officers.
Commanding Officer Terrell Anderson of the 69th Precinct says he doesn't believe the water attacks reflect the community as a whole.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say two officers were injured in a car crash in Flatlands Saturday night.Police say two officers were injured in a car crash in Flatlands Saturday night.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- One Brooklyn man is asking the city to prevent crashes before they happen.One Brooklyn man is asking the city to prevent crashes before they happen.
- Thousands of survivors, care givers, volunteers and supporters laced up their sneakers for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K Walk Sunday.
- Police say they're searching for a woman wanted in connection to a car break-in in Midwood on Sept. 19.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed support for who she thinks should be the next president of the United States as she attended a Bernie Sanders rally in Queens Saturday.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.