Judge chooses probation over jailtime for 2 ex-NYPD detectivesPosted: Updated:
A judge says he's choosing probation over jailtime for two ex-NYPD detectives accused of having sex in a police van with an 18-year-old woman in 2017.
Eddie Martins and Richard Hall pleaded guilty Thursday to official misconduct and other charges stemming from that incident.
The two men will be sentenced in October to five years' probation. Prosecutors wanted them both to go to jail for at least a year.
The Brooklyn District Attorney's Office dropped kidnapping and rape charges against the men back in March.
Both resigned from the department in 2017.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!