Dimanche Gras event held ahead of West Indian Day ParadePosted: Updated:
The West Indian Day Parade starts Monday, but an event was also held on Dimanche Gras, or Carnival Sunday, outside of the Brooklyn Museum.
Attendees arrived in droves wearing white for the event.
Costumes were judged by a panel looking for both artistry and creativity.
The West Indian American Day Carnival Association also showcased performances ahead of the parade.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Shake Shack is testing out four-day work weeks.Shake Shack is testing out four-day work weeks.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.