Handbag designer launches new luxury brand in BrooklynPosted: Updated:
A designer is making handbags that buyers will have for a lifetime.
Lisa Pongrass is emerging a new luxury brand and understands the need for the "classic" handbag.
Pongrass is the founder, CEO and designer of Canvas and Hyde. Pongrass describes it as a luxury handbag company with its headquarters right in Brooklyn.
Pongrass started her company in 2016. She is also an interior designer and fashion stylist from Australia with more than 20 years of experience in fashion and beauty.
Each bag is done by hand, from cutting the leather to hand painting the leather edges and more. It is constructed not only in Brooklyn but also in Florence, Italy.
Pongrass says even though she was in the fashion world it was still a challenge. Pongrass had to educate herself about manufacturing and researched luxury construction for more than a year.
She is proud to offer not just bags but pieces she calls investments.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, the head of the Diocese of Brooklyn, is being accused of sexual abuse.Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, the head of the Diocese of Brooklyn, is being accused of sexual abuse.
- A civil rights complaint was filed against the Department of Education after a family claims a school lunch aide at P.S. 264 bullied and discriminated against a Muslim fourth grader.
- Two people are in custody after a person barricaded themselves inside an apartment in Brownsville.Two people are in custody after a person barricaded themselves inside an apartment in Brownsville.
- In his final weeks with the NYPD, Commissioner James O'Neill sat down with News 12 to reflect on his time with the department and as the city's top officer.
- Elected officials, community members and transit riders surrounded vendors Wednesday outside the Myrtle Wyckoff train station – and called on transit officers to stop arresting people selling churros in the subway stations.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury