Memorial ceremony held to honor those who died in 9/11 attacksPosted: Updated:
A memorial ceremony was held at Fort Hamilton Friday to honor those who died in the Sept. 11 terror attacks.
Members of the FDNY, NYPD and military joined together for the annual commemoration ceremony in honor of those who died.
The ceremony included a wreath presentation, gun salute and prayers.
The keynote speaker, FDNY Staten Island Borough Commander Kevin Woods, says it's important now more than ever to reflect on the day.
Speakers at the ceremony recalled the hard work and dedication of first responders on that day and the days after. They say their sacrifice will never be forgotten.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Shake Shack is testing out four-day work weeks.Shake Shack is testing out four-day work weeks.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!