Police: 2-year-old boy dies after falling out of 6th-floor window in East New YorkPosted: Updated:
A 2-year-old boy has died after falling out of a sixth-floor apartment window in East New York.
Police have identified the boy as Lareese Williams Junior. It happened at the Linden Plaza Buildings at 760 Eldert Lane around 11 a.m. on Monday.
Police say they found the toddler on the ground outside of the building.
It is unclear whether or not the windows of the building have window guards. The Health Department told News 12 it is a part of the investigation.
Police say Lareese's parents were home at the time of the tragic accident. Police say it appears to be a freak accident, but is still under investigation.
It is unclear if any charges will be filed.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- At least one person was injured in a police-involved shooting in Gowanus, according to officials.At least one person was injured in a police-involved shooting in Gowanus, according to officials.
- An off-duty NYPD officer took their own life in Queens Tuesday night, police say.An off-duty NYPD officer took their own life in Queens Tuesday night, police say.
- A gritty Cole held the New York Yankees scoreless without his sharpest stuff, Jose Altuve sparked Houston at the plate and the Astros locked down a 4-1 victory Tuesday to take a 2-1 lead in the AL Championship Series.
- Community members in Brighton Beach say they’ve been without running water for an entire month and want the city to take responsibility.
- A study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that STDs are on the rise - and several New York City boroughs were ranked among the top in the U.S. for the number of the diseases.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBK.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.