Vigil held in honor of woman found dismembered in Canarsie Park last yearPosted: Updated:
Loved ones and community members held a vigil Monday night highlighting a case that left authorities puzzled for a year and a half.
They hope the renewed attention will help catch the person who killed Brandy Odom. Members of the 69th Precinct clergy council offered prayers for the grieving family.
They are also praying for someone to step forward.
Brandy Odom's body was found dismembered and scattered around Canarsie Park in April of last year. Weeks later, her loved ones received false hope when Odom's roommate was taken into custody for questioning.
He was eventually released due to lack of evidence. Ever since, Odom's family has been grasping for closure, which has remained elusive with every passing day that the killer remains on the loose.
The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction has skyrocketed. Just a couple of weeks ago it was at $2,500. Now, the NYPD is offering up to $20,000.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.