FDNY: 2 hospitalized following apartment fire in Prospect Lefferts Gardens

Posted: Updated:

Two people were hospitalized following an apartment fire in Prospect Lefferts Gardens.

Flames erupted at 4100 Westbury Place just before 1 a.m. Saturday.

The FDNY says one person is in critical condition. The other person is not critical.

It is unclear what their injuries are.

Officials say the fire was accidental. They say it was caused by an extension cord and there was no smoke alarm on the fifth floor where it happened.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."