Sanitation worker retiring after 3 decades gets special surprisePosted: Updated:
A New York City Department of Sanitation worker is retiring, and he got a special surprise on his last day.
Raymond Watson has been a sanitation worker in Brooklyn for more than three decades. His daughter Beverly, who's also a sanitation worker in Brooklyn, joined him for his last day.
In all the time Watson's daughter has worked in sanitation, their paths have never crossed. To celebrate her father's final hours of collection, she hopped on in for the ride.
Beverly tells News 12 her father is an inspiration to her and part of the reason she is also in sanitation. Raymond says he was so grateful to spend his final hours on the job with his daughter.
"I was really really surprised when I came here this morning and saw all the cars. I was wondering what was going on, and then the supervisor told me the reason why they were here," said Watson.
As for what's next for Raymond, he says he doesn't know quite yet.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A person is dead and another person is injured after a fire broke out on the top floor of a four-story building in Park Slope Wednesday.
- Terry Jones, a member of the Monty Python comedy troupe, has died. He was 77 and had been suffering from dementia.
- With the new year comes new resolutions to get your health in check and coincidentally, January is Family Fit Lifestyle Month.
- Jason Momoa takes break from filming, visits Pittsburgh children's hospital
- National Blonde Brownie Day recognizes a treat often referred to as blondies.National Blonde Brownie Day recognizes a treat often referred to as blondies.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!